Re: [udig-devel] Arcs, Parallels, Dissolve, Spatial Join Geometries

Hi Jody:

Well, our first goal will be to provide a tool to do easier drawing Arcs of
circle. We know that the existed geometry model implementation has limitation
to support arcs. Then we are dealing with this limitation waiting that arcs
can to be supported by geotools.
Thus arc tool is only a way to see a linestring for udig.

We are thinking in following tools:

1- Arc Creation
Preview: interactions to draw arc of circle preview.
Precision: quantity of segments required to make the arc
Transaction: stores the feature as LineString

The last sentence is clearly a limitation and has got the following
consequence: we can not distinguish between arcs and linestring. Then we need
the following tool.

Arc Modification:
This tool handles a selected  linestring as arc (arc with infinite radius).

Thus, we will be handling linestrings as arcs waiting for ISO Geometry
implementation.

Do you think there are risks or problems with this strategy?

--
Mauricio

www.axios.es