[udig-devel] Mapserver WFS, PostGIS and uDig

Hi uDiggers,

uDig is a very promising tool. Hats off to the developers. I've
encountered however a problem or two in relation to Mapserver-based
WFS and PostGis (and also with regard to raster reading but I'll keep
this problem for some other time). I'm kind of a newbie so I hope
nobody will be annoyed by my ignorance.

1) When uDig connects to my PostGIS database, it imports all layers as
lines. On the import form it "renders" all layers with the correct
icons but once imported it's all lines.

2) When uDig connects to my Mapserver-PostGIS-based WFS server it
renders all layers as a square with a horizontal and vertical line in
it. Apparently it can't read the layer geometry at all. Even though no
explicit error message is displayed, the layers are not correctly
imported.

Has anybody encountered these problems already and found a solution to
these? Is the problem at Mapserver, PostGIS or uDig level?

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

Back to the top