Re: [udig-devel] trap coordinates of mouse movement

Good job :)

On Apr 27, 2007, at 9:15 AM, Andrea Antonello wrote:

Finally I guess I'm able to close this thread :)

The way seems to be:
- register to the map ViewPortPane
IMap map = ApplicationGIS.getActiveMap();

if (map != null) {
((ViewportPane)
map.getRenderManager().getMapDisplay()).addMouseMotionListener(panel);
}

- implement the MapMouseMotionListener

- use the coordinates
public void mouseMoved( MapMouseEvent event ) {
IMap map = ApplicationGIS.getActiveMap();

if (map != null) {
            Coordinate coord =
map.getViewportModel().pixelToWorld(event.x, event.y);

etc. etc.

Ciao
Andrea

Andrea Antonello probaly wrote:
Alright, after fiddling a bit around I figure out that it isn't even as
I thought below :)

So my question now is: if I need the mouse coordinates from somewhere
in my code, and I need to listen to them changeing, what should I do?
I would like to have a behaviour like the statusbar and the  moving
coordinates... is it possible to add a listener somewhere?

Ciao
Andrea

Andrea Antonello probaly wrote:
Hi, to trap mouse coordinates to be used inside a view, I have to
implement a tool like in the distance example and use that inside the
view to update the mouse position?

Or is there another way?

Thanks,
Andrea