RE: [udig-devel] menubuilder and actions

Hello!
Regarding to activeModalToolProxy - it should not be a null because there is
always one modal tool being active. During initialization of tools the
default tool (which is ZOOM) is set to the activeModalToolProxy member of
ToolManager. So your exception means that something went wrong during
initialization of tools inside of ToolProxy constructor.

Do you have another exceptions earlier in the log file?

Take a look into the method ToolManager.processTools(). This method
initializes tools and if YOUR tool (action tool as I understand) was not
initialized properly - all other tools are not initialized because the
exception (NPE probably) is thrown outside of this method.

So I am pretty sure that wrong configuration of your tool corrupts
initialization of other tools. Please check  this!

Vitali Diatchkov.