[udig-devel] Complex features from TOPP and the FGDC

So we got some great news today, our application for an FGDC CAP grant was accepted. This will enable us to work on the complex feature model for GeoTools, as well as a WFS 1.1 datastore. And then integrating all this in to uDig, and helping out to make it even more user friendly.

Details of the award are at: http://www.fgdc.gov/grants/2007CAP/Category2/07HQAG-NY

Our plan is to get all the complex feature work firmly on trunk. There are a few contingency plans if we can't quite do it all the way, but we are scheduling a good bit of time to make it happen, so should at least make some solid progress. We can likely delay starting a bit if others have potential for getting funded, as we very much want to collaborate on this. If not we'll give it our best shot.

Chris

--
Chris Holmes
The Open Planning Project