[udig-devel] active region config with view or property tab

Andrea Antonello wrote:
I created a graphic object representing the active region, which is the
region inside which JGRASS rasters are processed.

As discussed in IRC this object has bounds and also resolution.

The active region is first read from the mapset inside which the loaded
layer (jgrass map) lies.

After that it is kept inside the Map blackboard, from which it can be
accessed by everybody.
Nice :-)
There should be two ways to modify that region:
1) a tool that makes box selections
2) the properties or style of the mapgraphics, where resolution or
coordinates can be set by keyboard
The "style" of the mapgraphic is specifically for the StyleBlackboard (associated with each layer, persisted - perhaps you want to
change what color your "active region" is drawn in?)
The only way to set some property seems to be the styleconfigurator
exstention point, but it doesn't seem very logic to me.
This one is just for appearance settings.
I mean, changing the region's bounds or resolution or whatever is not a
modification of "style". Is there a way to put a panel inside the properties
dialog, that would make more sense. Or is there a way to change the style icon
and label to have something personalized?
Right - you can make a view. Your view will pay attention to the current Map and let you modify the "active region" (if there is one). Traditionally you would place your active region tool in the local toolbar for this view (this way our global toolbar does not get crazy busy over time).

Another alternative (if you want more of a property idea) is to use eclipse property tab stuff for: - http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Tabbed-Properties/tabbed_properties_view.html

Indeed I am tempted to make the styleconfigurator and feature editor extension points show up as individual property tabs in the future (as we get
more experienced RCP developers who expect to use such things).

Cheers,
Jody

Back to the top