Re: [udig-devel] jgrass2udig some questions

Hi Jody, Richard,
thanks for your replies. I merged them together.

[...]

> As you have figured out there is more then one extension point (for
> different things). The extension points you have just implemented let
> uDig "hold" your resources in the catalog. The next step is to supply a
> fancy wizard or DnD support. I am going to ask Richard to look up the
> details for you (since my machine being worked over by an oracle install
> right now).

Wizard will be next, I just wanted to be able to see if the service was
set up correctly, which would be nice to see in the catalog as a structure.
Another thing that comes to my mind. I would need to supply also the
possibility to create a new JGrass database from udig and work inside
that. But were whould that be done? Not at a level of udig project,
since it will live somehow inside that...

> Are you just dragging and dropping a file right now?

In fact I have to drag a folder, not just a file.

> Do you mean that you are trying to drag and drop from the Catalog to
> the Map Editor? There shouldn't be much work required there. The
> catalog.wms plug-in would be a good example to look at, as would the
> other database catalog plug-ins. Shapefile is probably a special case
> because it is file based.
>
> I can't quite remember clearly, but in the case of catalog.wms, I
> think the drag and drop framework queries the WMSConnectionFactory, so
> you may want to look there first.
>
> If you are trying to drag from something outside of uDig, that is a
> different problem and involves more setup. If it is file-based, you
> may be able to get away with using the extension point
> "net.refractions.udig.catalog.ui.fileFormat". See catalog.gml for an
> example.

By now I'm trying to drag from outside into the catalog view. For the
dragging to a map I would already need a renderer, right?
However I don't know how to do with the fileformat, since it takes a
filetype defined by extention, and I have a folder. I tried to put *,
but that was just like climbing on mirrors...

However I will have to look at the wms plugin and the factory and wizard.

> Let me know if I can provide more info. Feel free to get on IRC as
> well.

Thanks, I will do it in a couple of hours. Hope I find you there later.

>> A question not directly related. I'm starting to get together some
>> code
>> also for a jgrass.lib plugin (slowly, slowly). Can I have a small SVN
>> playground were to have my stuff secured?
>>

> Sure - there is a "spike" section for just this kind of stuff (ie RnD
> experiments). Make a directory and go nuts (do you have svn access
> yet?).

No, can I register somewhere or do I have to ask some administrator?

Andrea

Back to the top