Re: [udig-devel] Problem with attrib "the_geom"?

Shape files don't have a geometry name... the column only has a name when assigned by a system that hooks the geometry and attributes together into one tuple. ESRI uses "SHAPE" as their default geometry name in Arc*. PostGIS, as noted uses "the_geom" (thanks, Dave). Some other systems use "GEOM" or "GEOMETRY".

P.

Cory Horner wrote:
Antonio Redondo Lora wrote:
Recovering this post ...

Anybody thinks about it like a restriction?

I think we can budge on this one. Seems this was just an assumption -- we could defer to geometry name in the shapefile.

Cory.