Re: [udig-devel] Re: WFS bugs in RC8 Fixed

I have been trying to connect to a Mapserver WFS with RC8. When I saw Jesse's note I wondered if I need to download another build. At this moment the nightly build appears to be missing from the site. That is what I want, right? I
assume that the RC8 download would not change.

That is correct. I gather that the nightly build failed last night so that is why it is missing. I will be up tonight. I'm also going to make another release. I just have to further test the changes to the WMS renderer that cory made.

I recently posted to mapserver-user to find out if anyone has been successful using udig as a WFS client, but didn't get any replies about that. Can anyone here comment about that? I am also trying QGis and *choke* Arc. Are there any
other WFS clients out there that I should try?  Thanks.

I have used uDig with mapserver's WFS a few times. But I have to say that Mapserver's WFS is not very good. A large part of that is because they do not support post which limits the filters that can be sent. I don't think we have a check for that yet so it is possible for a request to fail because of it. Although that is not common for normal usage but could potentially be an issue for rendering complicated styles.

Jesse

Back to the top