[udig-devel] WFS bugs in RC8 Fixed

Hi,

I've finally been able to determine the problem with the viewing WFS layers and have been able to fix them. It seems that the Geotools implementation of the WFS client returns the Bounds in lat long rather than in the CRS of the data. All other data stores do the latter so if the WFS data is not in Lat Long sometimes the data would not be displayed, or at least not correctly.

Also I discovered that MapServer POST does not work fortunately uDig (by default) first tries POST and if it fails then tries GET. I would recommend when importing a WFS layer that you check GET in the Advanced section of the wizard page.

The last major bug I found was that MapServer does not return the correct results if a query is made that does not have a filter. In this case MapServer is supposed to return all the features but often only returns a few. I have created a work around for this so it will work correctly for the next release.

Jesse

Back to the top