Re: [udig-devel] JGrass and uDig

Antonello Andrea wrote:
Hi list,
I'm Andrea Antonello, coordinator of JGrass.
For those that do not know JGrass at all, it is a GIS heavily dedicated to hydrogeomorphologic issues. While it is very advanced in that field, we
have problems on everything regarding vectors (features) and in general
to keep uptodate the more generic GIS related base.

Lots of changes are going on at the moment in the JGrass team and
architecture. One thought and wish of mine would be that to join the
uDig development and merge all the raster algorythms into it, as well as
everything suitable from JGrass. Following the last coverage changes in
geotools, I guess this should be possible and would bring positive
additions to both groups. Please take into consideration that this would anyway mean a hughe amount of work from our side. To understand if this could be in fact feasible, I would need to talk to someone (or the IRC channel) about advantages and if and how this could be achieved.
Please let me first of all know if the uDig team is interested in this and to
who I may talk to about this issue.
I am interested; perhaps we can set up a breakout IRC (or conference call) sometime next week?)

You will find that uDig is structured to allow for additional resources (and renderers) so integration is planned for ... if not currently realized.

With respect to coverage changes in GeoTools - there are plans to move directly to the ISO model. Another set of brains would be very welcome.
Cheers,
Jody

Back to the top