Re: [udig-devel] Issues with a plugin and brand plugin

Schmitt, Magna (CIP) wrote:
I am writing to tell a problem with this plugin: net.refractions.udig.shape. As I said before, this plugin works fine!!! The thing is that when I included my brand plugin and my other plugins with uDig 1.1RC4 from trunk, only 'Export Features' option works. When I included my brand plugin and my other plugins with uDig 1.1RC8 SDK, both options: 'Export Features' and 'Export selected features' works very well (An observation: I included in the 'dependences' the plugin net.refractions.udig.project.ui to achieve that). So, I have at the moment to use uDig 1.1RC4 in order to load "grid files" properly, I am still having problems loading them with the latest version of uDig.

Reading into the archives, I see Jesse's suggestion about "grid files":

Jesse wrote: Jody Changed the API slightly by requiring the
implementation of the  method IGeoResource#service().  The problem is
that you just return  null instead of the service.  Change that to
return the service and  it will work again.

So in order to work with the latest uDig, you'll need to change your implementation for grid files. It seems this is the path of least resistance, rather than trying to backport fixes to RC4.

Did Jesse's approach work for you, or is there a new issue at hand?

Cory.

Back to the top