R: [udig-devel] recent SDK

Thank you Jesse.

I was able to download and install the sdk version you made avalaible.

Now it works with a WFS layer: it correctly opens and renders my feature type.

But after the first visualization, things seems to go wrong: if for example I do a zoom in, it takes ages to render again, and it gets slower and slower, until it completely hungs up the pc.

The exact sequence I follow is:

1) Launch uDig from scratch, with an empty workspace
2) Click the new button on the toolbar
3) In the wizard, select a WFS data source
4) Input my WFS url (I have Geoserver 1.4.0)
5) It lists correctly all my feature types; I select one (polygon, quite small layer: 1015 features)
6) It opens a new map and fit the view, showing the entire layer correctly in a reasonable time
7) I draw a zoom window to zooom in
8) It takes much time to render again; in a first time I thought it was blocked and I killed the application, but when I left it working, it managed to finish (about 2 minutes with 100% cpu).
9) From now on uDig keeps 100% cpu: it menages to do some other zoom in, but if I zoom out, it again takes much time to render, and the pc is almost blocked.

My features are in UTM32: I tried to change the SRS after step 6, but it doesn't resolve the issue.
I saw it eats a lot of memory, so I augmented the heap size (with -Xmx256M) but things go same way.

Is this one of the issues you mentioned still not fixed in the RC8 release?

Cheers,

Fabio