Re: [udig-devel] Strange Behaviour WRT ESRI WMS Server

Wow - sounds like we need to set a cap on the maximum request size. We had planned for this ever since uDig was first conceived, but there has been no need to do it until now.

Jesse, can we configuring the tiling system to maximize the wms tiles at 1000 or 1024?

Richard

Cory Horner wrote:
Michael Thadani wrote:

Hmmm, I'm a little confused then as to what is going wrong.

If it is indeed working under your linux distribution, any idea why my
instance of uDig may be attempting to access the invalid url it appears
to be?

The process I am following to access the service in uDig is:
* Open uDig
* Start a new project
* Add a new map to the project
* Add a new layer to the map. To do so, I select Web Map Server as my
datasource and paste the url
(http://www.geographynetwork.com/servlet/com.esri.wms.Esrimap?request=Ge
tCapabilities&ServiceName=ESRI_World) into the url textbox.  I then
select the top Countries and Regions layer and click Finish.
The above appears to render the map correctly on my windows machine and
still appears to fail on my linux target.
Included is the Configuration Details for my linux install. Is there
anything that 'jumps out' as incorrect which may account for the
problem?
Paul is correct that the server does not like the width of the request to be larger than around 1270 pixels. Perhaps on windows the combination of your resolution and pixel width of your map is less than ~1275 and on linux it is greater? If you make the uDig window much smaller on Linux is the request successful?

Cheers,
Cory.