Re: [udig-devel] Strange Behaviour WRT ESRI WMS Server

Richard Gould wrote:

Wow - sounds like we need to set a cap on the maximum request size. We had planned for this ever since uDig was first conceived, but there has been no need to do it until now.

Jesse, can we configuring the tiling system to maximize the wms tiles at 1000 or 1024?

Glancing at the WMS 1.1 and 1.3 specs, there are optional <MaxWidth> and <MaxHeight> elements in 1.3 (they might be in 1.1 too -- but I didn't see them). So I guess we stick to the standard -- if the WMS version doesn't support maxwidth/height then we cap at 1024, but otherwise assume the server conforms to the spec?

Back to the top