[udig-devel] Error in udig 1.1 RC1 when loading ESRI WFS Connection

I have an installation of ESRI ArcIMS publishing data through wms and wfs connectors.

I have been able to read and render from the WMS services however efforts to display data from the WFS services have been unsuccessful. I am able to add the wfs server to the catalogue and, when doing so, uDig correctly finds the two layers being published but does not render anything on the map pane after the add wfs server has been added. Manually trying to add the layers to the current map (right clicking on a layer of the service and selecting Add to Map) results in an error message saying

An internal error occurred during: “Loading Services…”

This is shown in the error log

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 2006-06-20 14:39:34.603

!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Loading services...".

!STACK 0

java.lang.NullPointerException

      at org.geotools.feature.FeatureTypes.transform(FeatureTypes.java:96)

      at org.geotools.data.wfs.WFSDataStore.getSchema(WFSDataStore.java:323)

      at net.refractions.udig.catalog.internal.wfs.WFSGeoResourceImpl$IGeoResourceWFSInfo.<init>(WFSGeoResourceImpl.java:144)

      at net.refractions.udig.catalog.internal.wfs.WFSGeoResourceImpl.getInfo(WFSGeoResourceImpl.java:133)

      at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.impl.LayerFactoryImpl.createDataStoreLayer(LayerFactoryImpl.java:282)

      at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.impl.LayerFactoryImpl.createLayer(LayerFactoryImpl.java:403)

      at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.internal.MapFactory$1.run(MapFactory.java:275)

      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:76)

Is this a problem with the data being supplied or an error on the part of uDig?

Michael Thadani

Graduate Software Engineer

Email: michael.thadani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top