[udig-devel] Features into FeatureCollection

Simple question: how can I add features to a FeatureCollection?

The goal is to copy data from a dbf file to a shapefile. I take the data (do some work with them), create a Feature with a certain FeatureType and put the data into the feature. Now I need to getter my features into a FeatureCollection of some sort. I use FeatureStore.addFeatures(FeatureCollection) to save the data into a  shapefile and it works fine with  FeatureCollections obtained by premade shapefiles.  How can I make my own FeatureCollection (all the constructors and methods to do that are protected!) and put my features in it?

If anybody knows how to do that I would really appreciate the help. Thanks

Damjan Šavko

Koper,  Slovenia

Back to the top