Re: [udig-devel] Selection filter changed

Hi Mark,

Yes, that's my fault!

This one had me puzzled throughout Friday and Saturday.  I hope to address it
tomorrow.

I have an inkling as to what might be the problem -- hopefully this is still
related to StreamingRenderer Decimation, which was recently changed; Dave
suggested an alternative to my quick hack which will be a more complete fix.
(we were getting exceptions during WFS rendering caused by the JTS decimator,
which was reducing polygons to zero length lines) -- right now it returns null
when this happens, but it should be a zero area envelope.

Justin needed a uDig release that could at least draw a WFS with the next
GeoServer release which uses Geotools 2.2.x, so I opted to break some selection
code to accomplish this.  To play it safe, I removed the filters from the
Symbolizers in SelectionStyleContent and SLDContent, since Geoserver was choking
on them.  These were getting passed to the server and causing trouble.

> Why is a request being sent back to GeoServer just to highlight a
> feature on the map? Has this always been the way? And if so, what
> changed? It's the same version of GeoServer (1.3.0) that we've been
> using for a while.

I noticed this a couple weeks ago -- it struck me as odd as to why 2 requests
were being made to GeoServer.  On reflection, this makes sense: we can't
necessarily hold all of our features in memory, and the selection is its own
layer needing to be rendered.  So we need WFS caching, or a slightly different
approach to rendering (can we render 2 layer images simultaneously from a single
stream of features?).

Cheers,
Cory.

Back to the top