Re: [udig-devel] Layer Selection

Cory Horner wrote:
Hi Michelle,

It looks like we need to make a few more small changes to the framework to support this, unless i'm missing something. Obviously we only want to refresh views which are visible, and we need a good place to hook into (probably the MapEditor). Either each view or the map editor itself can ask: am I visible? and then refresh the view(s).

I wrote a quick plugin to demonstrate this, and none of the views are refreshed unless the layers view has the focus. One might be able to hack this to function the same way the layers view forces the refresh, but that doesn't seem right.
Um the Layers View is not supposed to be "magic". It should be a pure "view" providing an indication of the "selected layer" from the current Map Editor. I sent an article out yesterday about selection, should we be handling this entire problem differently? Perhaps getting interested views to ask the Map for a selection manger tracking the selected view ...

Jody

Back to the top