From: udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jody
Garnett
Sent: 19 April 2006 08:49
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS
Subject: Re: [udig-devel] Layer Selection

Cory Horner wrote:
> Hi Michelle,
>
> It looks like we need to make a few more small changes to the
> framework to support this, unless i'm missing something.  Obviously we

> only want to refresh views which are visible, and we need a good place

> to hook into (probably the MapEditor).  Either each view or the map
> editor itself can ask: am I visible? and then refresh the view(s).
>
> I wrote a quick plugin to demonstrate this, and none of the views are
> refreshed unless the layers view has the focus. One might be able to
> hack this to function the same way the layers view forces the refresh,

> but that doesn't seem right.
Um the Layers View is not supposed to be "magic". It should be a pure
"view" providing an indication of the "selected layer" from the current
Map Editor. I sent an article out yesterday about selection, should we
be handling this entire problem differently? Perhaps getting interested
views to ask the Map for a selection manger tracking the selected view

Jody