[udig-devel] DIVA GIS looks great!

Jody,

That message was a little cryptic. I've heard of DIVA-GIS before. I
googled it and found two totally separate web sites:
http://diva.riu.cip.cgiar.org/
http://www.diva-gis.org/

The first one seems more current, and makes very terse references to
uDig and a re-write. So: is DIVA-GIS being completely rewritten for
version 6.0, to be based on the uDig platform?? If so, that's terrific
news as far as fostering re-use of core open source GIS tools. When do
they expect to release that version?

Thanks.

-Emilio Mayorga

> Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 21:11:19 +0200
> From: Jody Garnett <jgarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [udig-devel] DIVA GIS looks great!
> To: m.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx,        User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS
>         <udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,     l.avila@xxxxxxxxx
>
> Hi Magna & Lusis,
>
> I just got to see Diva GIS and it looked great! I really liked the
> movies showing how everything comes together. I have a copy of the user
> manual (and you guys should draw a few more wizard banners), and a CD
> that I have not looked at yet. I did go looking on the web to show Paul
> what I was talking about but could only find information on version 3 of
> your application - is everything locked away behind cropforge?
>
> But I have to say you guys rock my world, your application is exactly
> what I had pictured uDig GIS Platform being good for.
>
> Congratulations,
> Jody

Back to the top