Re: [udig-devel] uDig 1.1.M5

Hmmm. Thought Richard added the work around for this... guess not I'll look into this. The reason for this is that we are switching to use mostly SWT and on Linux that means the Cairo is used. The problem arises on Linux boxes that have Cairo 1.0 installed. Eclipse 3.1 uses Cairo 0.4. In Eclipse 3.2 the issue is fixed but we're not switching over for a while yet so until then we are forced to only use AWT in Linux. I think of another place where the issue may be showing up I'll see what I can do.

Jesse

Adrian Custer wrote:
Congratulations on the progress.

Unfortunately, on linux the cario issue still persists:

Crash on adding a layer to a map with:

java: cairo-surface.c:273: cairo_surface_reference: Assertion
`surface->ref_count > 0' failed.

linux mandrake cooker (ie experimental but very current packages).

The last working milestone was M3 for me.

cheers,
adrian