From: udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jesse Eichar
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:28 AM
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS
Subject: Re: [udig-devel] Udig and fragments

I think you have caught us out on this one. The net.refractions.udig.ui Manifest.MF is supposed to have the line Eclipse-ExtensibleAPI: true for you to be able to actually change the classes that are loaded. I have added the line on the latest and greatest so you can override the UDIGWorkbenchAdvisor class. If you download the nightly build your fragment will work.

You may have to wait an hour or so for the build to complete.

Jesse

Johan C. de Koning wrote:
Hello,

I read the following inside the uDig Developer Guide about making your own
default perspective and was wondering how to realize this:

If you define a new perspective and you want it to be loaded by default
you
have to create a fragment for net.refractions.udig.ui and in the fragment
override the UDIGWorkbenchAdvisor class to return your perspective ID in
the
getInitialWindowPerspectiveId method.

I tried to make a new fragment project for net.refractions.udig.ui. But I
don't know how to override the getInitialWindowPerspectiveId. Can somebody
give me some example code how to get this done?

Best regards,

Johan de Koning