Re: [udig-devel] StyleBlackboardImpl error

Jody Garnett wrote:
Tony Kennedy wrote:
Hi

I'm integrating some raster analysis plugins (Imagej) and have chosen tag udig 1.1.m1 as the target but get the following runtime error when trying to render a shp file, same occurs on the trunk, Ive just rebuilt my machine so the fault probably could be I've missed some files has anybody seen this before
I have not - it could (and probably is) a bug, question are you using the RasterSymbolizer to indicate what image processing gets performed? Or are you putting your own conent on the blackboard?

I was going to ask Tony if we can set you up with a community space to do cool things like this? It could be if you start a plugin like this in open it you can avoid that apparently fatal delay in sharing code/ideas with us.
Yes that would be a good idea, although I'm traveling at the moment (Toronto) I expect to be back in my old position by the end of Feb when I will be able to make proper use of it. Airport lounges and hotel rooms do not make good development environments.
ImageJ looks interesting - I have not checked in with the geotools GridCoverage people to see how they are doing. I have noticed the existing raster support in udig working better as a result of their efforts - but I lack details.

I have not followed their progress, I think I misled you by quoting Imagej it is in actual fact the analysis "plugin" is in fact a Java Mathlab clone with an embedded toolbox based on the PD map and image analysis toolboxes available for MathLab incorporating Imagej analysis plugins (plugins in the Imagej sense), I am again misleading, the MathLab clone stopped cloning at MathLab v5 and the language diverged incorporating the agile concepts of languages such as groovy and is now looking at the Eclipse "Dynamic Languages Toolkit" project proposal as a way to bring computer algebra systems out of their 1940's bunker, the project also incorporates a structured editor that understands the uDig analysis system giving a Mathematica look and feel for document production and a openGL renderer extension to Geotools for maps and graphs. I don't know if this is "geo" enough for the uDig community being computer algebra system based ? I can produce some complete specs if your interested. All this has caused some stress on the uDig UI, I will forward the screen shots as soon as I get a decent screen capture program

Tony
Cheers,
Jody

Tony Kennedy

!ENTRY net.refractions.udig.project.ui 2 1 2005-12-10 19:34:17.548
!MESSAGE Could not generate layer glyph  (name: TOLLPOINT)
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.impl.StyleBlackboardImpl.lookup(StyleBlackboardImpl.java:131) at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.internal.LayerGeneratedGlyphDecorator.generateStyledIcon(LayerGeneratedGlyphDecorator.java:451) at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.internal.LayerGeneratedGlyphDecorator.generateIcon(LayerGeneratedGlyphDecorator.java:426) at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.internal.LayerGeneratedGlyphDecorator$2.refreshIcon(LayerGeneratedGlyphDecorator.java:228) at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.internal.LayerGeneratedGlyphDecorator$2.run(LayerGeneratedGlyphDecorator.java:164)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:76)

!ENTRY net.refractions.udig.project.ui 2 1 2005-12-10 19:34:19.721