Re: [udig-devel] uDig move to Geotools "stylish" branch

Cory Horner wrote:
No worries; i'm sure others are curious as well.
Thanks Cory.
At the moment, Jody and I are reviewing the Geotools StyledLayerDescriptor API. We're adding documentation and methods, and moving interfaces around (geotools just added a module for interfaces only... so we're moving the sld interfaces over to it too). At the same time we're making changes so we conform with the SLD 1.0.0 specification, and to GeoAPI 2.0.
Well we are not conforming with GeoAPI 2.0, we tried earlier in the week and figured out we cannot do it until GeoTools uses Java 5 :-( What we are doing is providing as many of the same method names as possible, so when a change occurs we can just update the import
statements.
This gets a little confusing as the GeoAPI 2.0 naming convention seems to diverge from the SLD spec at some points (naming follows 1.0.20?).
This would be the other reason we are not tracking GeoAPI 2.0 :-)

Normally we would just keep working on trunk (when the changes are done), but another developer has asked us to wait
until early next week.

Jody

Back to the top