From: Alvaro Zabala <azabala@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [udig-devel] Add images
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:07:36 +0100

Iñigo,

I suggest you to read uDIG/Geotools docs.
A GIS project isnt as simple as asking questions about how to use an API.

I also suggest you to read Open Geospatial Consortium specs. In these
specs, youll find what is a Feature, a FeatureCollection, a
GridCoverage, a Layer, etc. Main GIS projects ara based in these OGC's
desing.

After that, you'll realize that a geospatial image is a kind of
GridCoverage. Next, you might look for GridCoverage docs and Renderers
in Geotools portal, and youll learn how to read an image, and how to
render it with geotools' renderers.

Finally, I suggest you to read this link:
http://www.sindominio.net/ayuda/preguntas-inteligentes.html

Best regards.