[udig-devel] Re: uDig translations; pending M0 release

Zitat von Cory Horner <chorner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

First of all: a big thank you!!!!!!!!

I would like to confirm what's resolved and what not, but AFTER the updated NL
properties files from issue 423 are incorporated into trunk.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-423

- uDig_German_translation_for_v1.1M0.zip
- uDig_German_translation_for_v1.1M0_Correction.zip
- uDig_German_translation_for_v1.1M0_Correction2.zip

I'd like to have this done first to be sure that everything I test is really
what's in the SVN. (For easier translation I did quite some changes on my local
copy, which I would have to reapply after each checkout from SVN otherwise.)

So please tell me when this has be done and I will check everything again.

> UDIG-567 <-- style text is no longer chopped.  Now it is misaligned...
> but it is a slight improvement.
I'll see when I checkout the changes.
> UDIG-573
Thanks a lot!
> UDIG-631
> UDIG-633
I'll send an update to UDIG-423 once I've checked out and translated it
> UDIG-635
OK.
> UDIG-636
Again, I'll send an update to UDIG-423 once I've checked out and translated it
> UDIG-639
> <http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-639>
> please let me know if the following have been successfully resolved:
OK
> UDIG-566 (seems to be working, but perhaps only some have been fixed)
Not resolved currently on my local trunk copy and 1.1.5, both problems still
present. (The DB2 wizard still looks like the screenshot there.)

> UDIG-637 <-- i'm not seeing the translations... the fragments are there,
> but the english localization is always shown.

Right, there was some issue... the result of which was that I had to put the
"_de" files into the plugin (in my local copy) in order to make them appear as a
workaround.

I believe the classpath of the fragment isn't correctly set or something of this
sort, so the localized files are not found.

> Still in english, despite RCP 3.1.1:
>
> Window > Preferences... > Help
What exactly? The help browser is localized, thanks to the explicit additional
org.eclipse.help.* fragments.
"Key Assist" menu entry is English however.

> Window > Preferences... > Install/Update
Confirmed. It's english.

> Perhaps we need to grab a few features/plugins from the SDK language
> pack and add them to our extras file?
.. and to the uDig releases. Indeed, that's what I fear has to be done.

> Matthias, do you by chance have
> the SDK language pack installed and are these properly translated for
> you?  If you haven't, i'll get a secondary eclipse install going on my
> machine with the full SDK languages packs... let me know :)

I have it downloaded and can install it easily. Yes, I wanted to do this test
already because of some preferences pages which I suspect not to stem from the
RCP. The point is that I have NO IDEA which IDE-specific plugins have been
incorporated into uDig beside the RCP plugins ones.

> Anyhow, looks like we'll take another stab at the M0 release tomorrow...
I don't mind is M0 is not yet perfect, as long as 1.1 is.

Matthias Basler
c9bama@xxxxxxxxxxx

This mail was sent through http://webmail.uni-jena.de

Back to the top