[udig-devel] 3D view for uDig, problems while extending uDig

Hi,

I'm developing a 3D view for uDig, however, I'm having a lot of problems getting used to the framework. I already created a 3D view, and have managed to open it in uDig, I already have the plane where I will render the map and it can be manipulated quite easily. After a day of banging my head against the wall =P, i'm yet to find out how to fetch the current image displayed on the focused editor so I can render it in the 3D view.

So my questions are:

- Is there any simple plugin that extends the editor view that I can reverse engineer? I tried Cole Markham's Grid plugin, but I can't run it. It misses the ApplicationGIS. I changed it with PlatformGIS, the plugin booted, but no grid is displayed.

- If there isn't any plugin for me to learn from, where can I learn from? I read almost everything from the site and I still don't have a clue where to start.

Best regards,
Tiago Silva

Back to the top