[udig-devel] Re: UDig Home Page

Adrian Custer wrote:
That is adjusting the focus of this page to a picture, and the top priority being a flash movie.
That's too bad for me then, since I don't do flash.
Misspoke, need a link to flash movie.
We can remove the news items, or reduce them to headings if that will help.

As Adrians recent edits show, our attempt to quickly brush over some of the capabilities was unsatisfying. I would rather cut down on the text and make room for pictures and download buttons, but I am a visual kind of guy.
I have become more and more interested in less text. The blurb I wrote
up seems to be the least amount you could say about uDig and convey what
it is. I actually would like to see another top level page---"Overview"
along with the "Community" page you suggested, and perhaps some of this
text could move there eventually.
We used to have a pdf that people could look at for this information ... I know what you are getting at a document that focuses on users, not developers explaining what uDig can do for them.
-<http://udig.refractions.net/docs/udig-summary.pdf>
Oh right this is about the rnd project, and now we need a summary about the product :-) That would be why it was removed.

It seems then that the blurb should be simple and the front page should
include this text instead of the blurb. If I get time I'll turn to it.
np

Back to the top