Re: [udig-devel] Legend entries/glyphs?

Jody Garnett wrote:

rob_booth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Apologies for using this email list for a very simple question - if there is a
better forum, I'd appreciate being pointed in its direction!
This will be fine, welcome!

Good - thanks! :)

I would love to - and I can - but only for feature layers. For WMS some of the symbols are provided by the servers themselves. In particular WMS can provide their own symbol for a layer.

Sometimes I try to load a WFS layer, and I get (what I had assumed to be) a WMS icon.

Does this mean that WFS icons are from the server as well?

Is there an explanation of what all these symbols mean somewhere (its not
immediately obvious)
We should add a page in the reference section:
'x' - broken
'!' - warning
'o' - wait
' '  - done

If it say x or warning you can select the layer and see the reason in the status bar, the most common "warning" is "no features rendered" and occurs because the content is off screen.

Again, does "No features rendered" mean that the problem is with the geoserver end?

I'm picking up Geoserver and uDig for the first time and trying to get them working together, and am hitting problems and not knowing where the problems are. For instance, I'm having problems getting data with date fields to display at all in uDig via geoserver - is this a known issue with uDig, or is it a Geoserver issue, or is it something I need to track down? :o(

Thanks again for your help

Rob

Back to the top