Re: [udig-devel] not able to connect to PostGIS

The strange bit of behavior is a result of how the wizard/driver tries to populate the "list-o-databases" drop down. Behind the scenes, it attempts to connect to the "template1" database and query the system tables for a list of databases. But in a privilege- constrained world (like our open database, or really any managed system) access to template1 is not blanket allowed to all user accounts. So the attempt to populate the drop down fails with an access denied. But that doesn't mean that you can't still connect to databases you know about and have privileges for (like demo-bc).

WRT the driver, the line protocol did not change between 7.4 and 8.0 so the old driver works on the new database. Regardless, it would be good for uDig to ship with the new driver, since backwards compatibility is guaranteed more than forward over the long run.

Paul