Re: [udig-devel] not able to connect to PostGIS

Jesse said "demo-bc" and you said "demo_bc"... are you using the right database name?

On Aug 26, 2005, at 9:43 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

The postgres library is supposed to be backwards compatible, I believe. Somewhere in the readme or documentation, I think, or on the download page.

I still can't connect to the refractions postgres, same as before:

org.geotools.data.DataSourceException: Connection failed:org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection rejected: FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "24.159.243.19", user "postgres", database "demo_bc".

that postgres configuration problem to let any IP address connect. (that host IP is my current home IP, I've also tried from work)

But, how does that verify backwards compatibility, if refractions uses pgsql 8.0.3 also? Or were those 2 separate questions?