[udig-devel] error with GeoTiff file

Hello,

I know uDig's implementation for rasters is ... ummmm ... weak, and future versions will be better.  Nevertheless, I will mention this problem:

I loaded a 24 megabyte geotiff, coordinate system NAD83 UTM Zone 19N, Meters.  The image does render, even renders oriented correctly (not mirrored vertically like before).  However, the Easting (X) coordinates are all negative!  I realize that the
convention is to use negative coordinates for West Longitudes, but this obviously isn't the case for UTM zones.  The magnitude of the Easting coordinates are correct, but the negative sign obviously messes things up.  Northing coordinates are all
correct now.

The image renders somewhat slowly, but it's a 24 MB image, so I expected that.

I guess the only option for rasters at the moment is to get them into uDig through a WMS.  Will version 1.1 include better raster support (GDAL possibly)?

Kenton Williams

Back to the top