Re: [udig-devel] Creating a new course

Hi Jody - good to talk with you again! Your ideas sound good to me. Could you send over the course outline please? let me have a think this weekend and then I'll get back to you on Monday (or before).
Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jody Garnett" <jgarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "Mike" <mikhul1@xxxxxxx>; "User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS" <udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2005 12:37 AM
Subject: [udig-devel] Creating a new course

Hello Mike, this email eventually found its way to me.

We recently put together a training course on uDig and I found it a very pleasant way to be introduced to working with spatial concepts. It is much easier to start working directly with Features with out the bother of connecting to them, or worrying about displaying the results on screen. Students were very pleased when they were able to programically create new shapefiles on the second day of the course for example.

What topics were you going to cover in you module?

We can send you the outline of our training course if that would be of assistance? I would start with using uDig to look at data, and introduce them to programming with features. And then transition over to a web-based applications such as GeoServer?

Jody