Re: [udig-devel] UDIG RC3

yeah, that's something I've been wrestling with - udig requires Java 5, which is an optional installation on Mac OS X. That's the easy part, the hard part is that the app bundle still defaults to Java 1.4. The Java Preferences that come with Apple's java 5 do NOT help in this situation.

The only way I've been able to get udig as it is distributed to run is to link /usr/bin/java to the java 5 framework, but that's a hack and probably not a good idea in the long run.