Re: [udig-devel] A second Release candidate (and now the third)

I played around with this a bit. With the package as it is distributed now, I got it into a more normal .app form, but it still has the problem of defaulting to Java 1.4. I think there is something in the startup.jar or other Eclipse stuff that's breaking the Info.plist setting that chooses a particular Java version. It's beyond me.

This also would run if I linked /usr/bin/java to Java 5. But there was then a problem with the Java and udig processes getting run in the background so nothing showed up in the Dock and I didn't get the menubar. Closing the uDig window would quit uDig.

Maybe the startup.jar has to be built with this in mind. Some Eclipse build thing.

It's all beyond me. Sorry. For now, I guess it's the /usr/bin/java link hack (for me at least). I hope you can find a Mac Java programmer. I'll try playing around with the application now that I have it running in this way.

Are there any other Mac users out there that have tried these 1.0.1 RC releases?