Re: [udig-devel] A second Release candidate

Well, I don't know a whole lot about Java (and that's pretty old what I do know). I may be able to figure out some Mac OS X Java app packaging stuff if I can focus on it enough (I'm a bit overloaded right now).

I did look a bit at Apple's Java developer docs just now (trying to figure out if there was a simple way to get it running with the RC release udig I have). It looks like the Main class, ClassPath, working directory, java command arguments, -D options, and VM options can all be specified in the Info.plist of the udig.app package. With that and the default JAVAROOT inside the package I might be able to mash this into something that works.

I have another Mac OS X Java application that I use a lot that I can use as an example (Azureus bittorent client).

One thing that worries me is the eclipse startup.jar - is that where main would be, or is that Eclipse's way of accomplishing the same as Apple's Info.plist?

Where does JAVA_HOME come into this (if at all)? Or it may be taken care of by the Java version setting of the Info.plist.