[udig-devel] JRE 5 Update 3/4, install problems

The uDIC develpment install directions refer to JRE 5 update 3 but this doesn't seem to be available anymore. I installed JRE 5 update 4 but am not sure if the uDIG jdk.zip should be applied as it seems to backdate some of the files.

I thought I followed the install instructions carefully, but imports from org.geotools.data, etc are failing. I expect this is because it is not finding the GeoTools main-2.1.RC1.jar in the build path. What part of the process is supposed to take care of this? I thought it would be \
PDE->Update Classpath
It isn't clear that the Project->Clean step downloaded any required jar files.

Any suggestions?

Overall, the directions are exceptionally clear.

Back to the top