Re: [udig-devel] JRE 5 Update 3/4, install problems

It is important to do a clean on net.refractions.udig.libs before the update classpath because the clean downloads the files. The update class path is done before the it doesn't add anyfile because the files don't exist.
If you are having problems do a clean and then update all classpaths again.

With regards to the JRE 5... I don't know. Let me know what happens :-P .
Jesse

David Adler wrote:

The uDIC develpment install directions refer to JRE 5 update 3 but this doesn't seem to be available anymore. I installed JRE 5 update 4 but am not sure if the uDIG jdk.zip should be applied as it seems to backdate some of the files.

I thought I followed the install instructions carefully, but imports from org.geotools.data, etc are failing. I expect this is because it is not finding the GeoTools main-2.1.RC1.jar in the build path. What part of the process is supposed to take care of this? I thought it would be \
PDE->Update Classpath
It isn't clear that the Project->Clean step downloaded any required jar files.

Any suggestions?

Overall, the directions are exceptionally clear.