Re: [udig-devel] rendering, styles, attributes

Hi

Yes the implementation is complete and will be released as soon as the OGC representative (Susan Black) completes her audit. The "synthetic layer" now called "overlay" supports real time display of vehicle movements derived from on-board telemetry and or simulated vehicles generated by Repast <http://repast.sourceforge.net/> implemented as a uDig extention, or the Linear Road benchmark <http://www.cs.brandeis.edu/~linearroad/> the Stream Data Management System will be released with the package together with the integrated telemetry system. I will be happy to provide any info I can in the mean time, there is a skeleton of a white paper, which I was going to convert into a uDig white paper as requested some time ago, sadly I can't remember who. (assuming I manage to finish this benchmarking exercise )

Tony Kennedy

Jesse Eichar wrote:

Another question of slightly lesser importance: is uDig's rendering pipeline at all suited to the idea of adding a dynamic, animated layer (e.g. vehicles moving around a street network, or ships across a river/sea network) under some circumstances?

The uDig's rendering pipeline is quite flexible.  Each layer can have a
specific renderer for rendering that layer only.  I believe that Tony
Kennedy has already done something similar.
cheers,

Vince.