Re: [udig-devel] render performance

The patch contains 3 files and each must go to the proper location for it to work. It works on linux but I have been unable to test on windows so I'll tell you where to put them manually. (I'm sick to day so forgive me if this email is a little insane :). I also don'

shapefile-renderer-2.1.RC1.jar -> plugins/net.refractions.udig.libs_1.0.0/lib
net.refractions.udig.render.feature.basic_1.0.0/basic-feature-renderer.jar->net.refractions.udig.render.feature.basic_1.0.0
net.refractions.udig.render.feature.shapefile_1.0.0/basic-feature-renderer.jar->net.refractions.udig.render.feature.shapefile_1.0.0/

I see that the shapefile renderer basic-feature-renderer.jar should be renamed for confusion purposes.

Just for the record. I noticed an 8 fold speed increase with the shapefile you gave me. The one with lots of points.

Jesse

Vince Darley wrote:

Hmm, preliminary testing shows no speed difference, but I'm going to test some more after a reboot, since I've observed that running uDig after my machine's been up for a few days is a lot slower than when it's after a fresh restart.

I'll report back with more details...

Vince.