[udig-devel] Eclipse version (was problems with uDig build)

Upson, Patrick wrote:

Yes I am currently using Eclipse 3.1 M7, I was also at one point trying out
Eclipse 3.0.2 and was receiving similar errors.
What versions of eclipse do you know this runs with?
We *just* switched from M6 to M7 yesterday (hence the problems). Note M7
needs GEF and EMF installed. We use the latest Java 5 release with JAI,
ImageIO and some SOAP jars in the lib/ext directory.

The version list is maintained here:
http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/UDIG/Environment

And I spent a couple hours yesterday going through all the possible
"run" options to arrive at this:
http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/UDIG/Running+the+Main+Application

We have several factors to balance for our run configuration:
- we want it as close as possible to the RCP app we release
- we need to ensure that classloader system knows to include the JRE
bootclasspath (where JAI lives)

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Jody

Back to the top