[udig-devel] UDig Thematic layer plugin

Hi developpers,

I would like to add contribute uDig with a thematic map plugin that allow user to create different types of thematic maps (ranges, individual, charts(pie and bar),...). I found some code that use openMap to create such thematics (http://jct.sourceforge.net/) and I would like translate it to uDig (using geotools). As I'm not very familiar with eclipse plugins and java in general, I wonder if you could give me some advices on how to start and especially how to change a layer style (polygons color) based on feature values. My first opinion will be to contribute the popumenus of different views (project, catalog, layer) by adding a create thematic map action that create a new thematic layer using a thematic map wizard.

Cedric

Back to the top