[udig-devel] Java 5 tricks and nio.FileLock

Hi guys, here is another nice summary of some out of the way Java 5 capabilities.

I really liked the Arrays.asList( 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ) method for example.

The other one that caught my eye was the mention of FileLock in the nio package. I know we are having trouble with shapefile on windows, perhaps a FileLock could be aquired during commit (being in nio it may be available in Java 1.4).

Jody

Back to the top