Re: [udig-devel] Re: CRS - "Bursa wolf parameters required."

> Why not query missing/ambigous information from the user by offering a list of
> suitable solutions, e.g. parameters?

Mostly because many users don't know very much about CRSs.  They have
data and they want to show up.  End of story.  I could examine all data
coming into udig and ensure that the CRSs have enough information but
that seems like a bad place for the logic.

> Just in case you are interested: Some time ago I wrote a Swing widget that
> allowed the user to select a CRS. The user could enter an EPSG number or select
> a name from the list of available CRS.
we have some thing similar to this

> He/she could also create a custom CRS by
> selecting a coordinate system, datum, ellipsoid and so on, again with the
> possibility to use custom datums etc. and to enter the parameters manually.

but nothing like this.

Back to the top