[udig-devel] Labeling (polygon)

This message is in MIME format.
Jessie,

I had a chance to look at some of the labeling in udig.

I noticed two things (see attached image of the states.shp included with
geoserver).  I think I've already reported these:

1. It appears that the label is placed with the first letter at the
polygon's centroid.  You should consider putting the middle of the
label at the centroid of the polygon.

2. For polygons that are partially on screen and partially off-screen,
you should first intersect the polygon with the view and then try to
label the resulting polygon.  If you dont, you'll either not label a
polygon (because the polygon centroid (and the entire label) is off
screen) or you'll get a partially-off screen label - like Texas in the
attached picture.
NOTE: you might get a multipolygon from the intersection.  You could
even get points or lines - but you should ignore them.

dave