[udig-devel] PostGIS access

While trying to impove schema (SQL definition) support in uDig I am having problems
with the geotools postgis driver.

Originally the getTables() call in org.geotools.data.postgis.PostgisDataStore did not return schema or catalog names so tables that are not in the default postgres search patch cause access errors as they cannot be reached.

from the postgres7.4 log
Apr 3 22:05:09 vadose postgres[7178]: [6-1] ERROR: relation "landlot_geo" does not exist Apr 3 22:05:09 vadose postgres[7178]: [6-2] STATEMENT: SELECT AsText(force_2d(Envelope(Extent("shape")))) FROM "landlot_geo" WHERE TRUE

(in this case landlot geo is fully qualified as tax.landlot_geo)

I altered getTables() in geotools to prepend (conditionally) the schema and catalog entries if they are non null and that error was corrected.

Now I  find that I get a service exception during catalog picking in uDig
(every table throws this exception in turn)

org.geotools.data.SchemaNotFoundException: Feature type could not be found for zoning.zoning_current_vw at org.geotools.data.jdbc.fidmapper.DefaultFIDMapperFactory.getPkColumnInfo(DefaultFIDMapperFactory.java:248)

To understand where to start could someone tell me how a database working with uDIG is setup.

I can and will establish a publically accessible postgres instance (mirroring my test setup) for anyone else to
check.

C.

Back to the top