[udig-devel] Re: Spanish?

> Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
>
> > How much time do you estimate it would cost to do a translation?

Depends on you knowledge to work with Eclipse, SVN and the wiki, of course. If
that's fine I should guess:

- 1 day (e.g. 8 hrs) für the ui translation (.properties files)
- 2-3 days for the tutorial
- 1 day for "Tasks" and each other user guide chapter. Maybe faster.
- 1/2 day for other maintenance on the wiki space, e.g. inserting the .toc files
.. but you might well do it in half the time. I did other things inbetween.

That's for the raw translation. Usually proof-reading and consistency checking
can take up one more day.

As a hint: You will find, that some tutorial pages (concerning the user
interface) are copies from the respective tutorial pages of Eclipse, so if
there already exists a translated form of them for your language, you can
simply take their text as basis for the translation and just modify it where
needed.

PS. Maybe you measure the time YOU need, so we have more precise values
afterwards. :-)

Matthias Basler
c9bama@xxxxxxxxxxx

This mail was sent through http://webmail.uni-jena.de