Re: [udig-devel] AVL (Automatic Vehicle Location)

Hi….
I’m sorry for being late in response but it was the
weekend here in Iraq…

What I had understood is this:

-Creating a layer, that contains the moving vehicles
position on real GPS coordinates.

-Store that layer in a server such as WMS.

-The part I’m not sure of is how to build the tool…
and how to plug it in UDIG…

The other thing what should be discussed is the update
mechanism… Is it pooled or event driven (would it be
necessary to load the entire layer in a regular
period? ....or just get the updates on status change….

Thank you again…
Ahmad