[udig-devel] German Translation (not quite a joke)

Second thing I noted is that there are some strange "German" bits in the English
user interface, e.g.
Really? That is great! Bad that they are in the release (and not complete), but wonderful that the internationalization work is kicking in. I was away all week and not had a chance to see it in action.

- "Basische Schablone" as default template. Who the hell translated this???
 EN: Basic template, DE: Standardvorlage
Richard Gould translated this, he is learning German.

I wonder if these translations are some april jokes ;-)
I am sure they are not intended as such, any assistance in translation would be welcome.

team is working on a French language pack, maybe there is some documentation on
creating more language packs or some help on that available?
I will ask what is available, we use normal java resource bundles. Lots of tools are available to help localization.
Jody

Back to the top